Powered by WebRing.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Bag for Crochet Collection

Today I have started designing a lined bag that I am going to include in my e-book that I am curently in the process of creating the patterns for. It is a tri-color checked pattern. It is going to be about 16 x 14 inches big. Here is a picture of what I have been doing.

My e-book is going to have about 5 patterns. I have 2 cardigans (the one from my previous post) and I think I will have 2 bags but I have not decided what I will use for the 5th pattern. I am thinking something more lightweight like a tank top or vest or something.

Here I am going to post a couple of videos of how I am creating this three color check pattern and how I do the color changes. I think I will include a link to this blog in my e-book to use the video as a tutorial. Here are the videos.

For the color changes you will change color at the end of the row. Whether you are doing a double or single crochet you always bring the new color through the last two loops on the hook.

Click here to watch "Crochet-Tutorial---Color-change"

This next video shows how I create the check pattern. You work one row of each color and repeat the three color sequence until you are at your desired length. I do not like to cut the yarn at the end but instead I carry them up the sides of the work. This way you do not have a bunch of ends to weave in. It is easy to do it with this pattern because the color you need will be at the correct end when working with three colors. If you only had two colors it wouldn't work out as well and then you would either cut the ends or add extra balls of yarn to the work.

Click here to watch "Crochet-Tutorial---Tri--Color-Check-Stitch"

.

So there are your two tutorials in the Crochet Department today.

No comments: